Tips and Tricks
Please note that most of the tips below work only for CorelPHOTO-PAINT 8 but
some are valid for earlier versions also.
Do you know that...?
Working with colors
- Click color well in color palette to select paint color. Ctrl-click it
to select paper color and Shift-click to pick fill color. You can also
select fill color by clicking the color well with the right mouse button. And finally, you
can just drag a color well and drop the color over the corresponding color swatch on the
- If you click a color well and pause for a second, the color variations window pops up.
- Double-click a color swatch on the status bar to edit paint, paper or fill color.
- You can interactively adjust brush nib size if you Shift-click and drag
mouse up or down.
- You can switch between brush type and brush size cursor by pressing "/"
key on the keyboard.
Working with objects
- You can quickly lock/unlock object's transparency by pressing Shif+"\".
- If you want to select next/previous object, press Alt and "["
or "]". To select topmost object press Alt+Shift+"[".
To select the bottom object or background press Alt+Shift+"]".
- You can quickly change between object and its clip path by pressing Ctrl+Shift+"`"
- To view clip mask in Paint On Mask mode hold down Ctrl+Alt and click
the clip mask thumbnail in Object Docker window. Click the thumbnail with Alt+Shift
to view clip mask in Mask Overlay mode. If you Ctrl+Shift+Alt-click the
clip mask thumbnail, you disable the clip mask.
- Double-click Alpha channel in Channels docker window to view its properties.
- You can quickly activate individual color and alpha channels by pressing Alt+"1"
to "9". Alt+"0"
activates composite channel.
More tips to come soon!